The CertIBET gives you the skills, knowledge and confidence to use a range of approaches, techniques and tools with your business English clients, in a principled and effective manner.
The course takes place over 4 days face-to-face at your institution, followed by 5 weeks online (see below for details). If you are interested in running this course for teachers at your school or training institution, please contact us using the form below to arrange dates and terms.
The CertIBET is awarded by LanguageCert, an awarding organisation, recognised and regulated by:
- OFQUAL (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
- Qualifications Wales
In addition to the above, LanguageCert is also recognised by multiple Ministries of Education and other government institutions worldwide, which can be viewed here. LanguageCert is dedicated to language skills assessment design, delivery and certification and its qualifications and examinations are delivered by approved training providers/test centres globally.
During the course, you will learn to:
- build your confidence, knowledge and understanding of business English
- understand and respond to the communication needs of learners & organisations
- develop and deliver BE programmes with effective and measurable outcomes
- address the communication needs of learners and organisations
- select, use and evaluate methods, approaches, materials, resources & techniques
- deepen your understanding of international communication
- enhance your opportunities to participate effectively in the global workplace.
- develop familiarity with the concepts, skills, lexis & discourse of professional English
Module 01: Introduction to BE Teaching
Module 02: BE Needs Analysis, Content & Research
Module 03: BE Course & Syllabus Design
Module 04: BE Course Delivery
Module 05: BE Approaches & Techniques
Module 06: BE Course Materials
Module 07: BE & Globalisation
Module 08: BE & the Role of Culture
Module 09: BE Evaluation & Assessment
Module 10: BE & New Technologies
Certified & Assured
If you would like to host the Blended CertIBET at your institution, please fill in the form and we’ll get back to you to discuss how to take it forward. Discounts are available for participants from host institutions.
YOUR DATA, TCE AND THE GDPR
We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. This data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users. Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, PayPal, Square, Ecwid and HSBC.
We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. We do not have access to your financial information at any point in the transaction.
For more on our data protection policies, please see here.
Fill in the Form
- Camerer, R. and Mader, J. 2012. Intercultural Competence in Business English. Cornelsen.
- Chan, C. S. and Frendo, E. (eds.) 2014. New Ways in Teaching Business English. TESOL Publications.
- Dignen, B. and MacMaster, M. 2011. Communicating Internationally in English.
- Forey, G. and Lockwood, J. (eds.) 2010. Globalization, Communication and the Workplace. Continuum.
- Frendo, E. 2005. How to Teach Business English. Harlow: Pearson Education
- Harding, F. 2008. Rain Making 2nd Edition. Adams Business.
- Hughes, J. and McLarty, R. 2016. ETpedia Business English. Pavilion.
- Huhta, M. et al. 2013. Needs Analysis for Language Course Design. Cambridge University Press.
- Kaufman, J. 2010. The Personal MBA. Penguin Group.
- MacKenzie, I. 2014. English as a Lingua Franca. Routledge.
- Nickerson, C. and Planken, B. 2016. Introducing Business English. Routledge.
- Osborne, P. 2015. One to One: How to Teach One to One Classes. Pavilion Publishing.
- Paltridge, B. and Starfield, S. (eds.) 2013. The Handbook of English for Specific Purposes. WILEY Blackwell.
- Reynolds, G. 2011. The Naked Presenter. New Riders.